26 Mar 2012 - Update Highest Rated Pain Stories Highest Rated Gain Stories Vodafail Local Facebook Page
Dear visitor,

Since its inception Vodafail.com has made a significant contribution towards raising awareness of the problems and issues faced by Vodafone customers.

Vodafone Australia customers have had the opportunity to voice their concerns, their fears and their troubles from every corner of Australia and beyond our borders. You have gathered the courage to stand up for your rights as consumers and to make your voice heard.

Each and every person who shared their story should have a sense of pride in this achievement and the changes that have occurred since the start of Vodafail.com.

More recently, traffic to Vodafail.com has declined significantly. Having achieved the goal of raising awareness and promoting concrete action in early 2011, we have now reached the point of closing Vodafail to new complaints. The site will remain online for as long as possible as a reminder and an example of what is possible when we share our experiences.

It has been a privilege to run this initiative and I'm am forever grateful for the help and support I've received. In particular I would like to thank Melissa, David and Travis for their continued efforts over the past 15 months. I'm also thankful and humbled by the support of ACCAN, Choice magazine and a wide range of media outlets, blogs and websites.

You can still browse existing stories and find out how to file a complaint if you are experiencing problems.

Until next time,

Adam Brimo

Share Your Pain

ACT (1140)Everywhere (19206)NSW (7557)NT (170)QLD (3578)SA (987)Somewhere else (224)TAS (242)VIC (3573)WA (1735)
Share on facebook
16094 Someone from WA thinks vodafone is Epic! at 2 Mar 2011 03:47:18 PM
Was a custoner of Vodafone since October 2007.
August 2009 received advice that my contract was due to expire and was offered a new contract and a new handset. I had been happy with the service I had received from Vodfone so (ominously) agreed to renew my contract. I advised I was moving to Perth from Adelaide and advised my new address details so that they could deliver my new handset.
September 2009 discovered that reception at my new home in Perth was virtually non-existant and that I had to travel 5kms to get decent coverage. Contacted Vodafone to advise them of this and to follow-up the wherabouts of my new handset that I had not received. I was advised that Vodafone would complete tests to measure reception near my home and that it would take 2 weeks. I was also advised that I should have received my handset by now as it was delivered to my address in Adelaide. I told them I had advised them I was moving and had given my new address details but these changes had not been made on my account. Vodafone advised they would resend my handset to my Perth address.
Given the poor reception I had at home I signed up to a Telstra contract and redirected my Vodafone number to the Telstra number so that I could receive calls - I was looking for work at the time and had provided potential employers with my Vodafone number some weeks before.
In November I received an account addressed to my Adelaide address via mail redirection. I AGAIN contacted Vodafone to update my address details and to enquire about the tests regarding poor reception. I was advised they would contact me in this regard as soon as they could. I then, rather stupidly it would seem, paid the account in full.
In February 2010 I received another bill addressed to my Adelaide address. I had not received any further contact from Vodafone regarding the poor reception or the handset and had not received any calls from Vodafone despite the diversion to my Telstra number still being active. I (erroneously it seems) assumed that the contract was null and void as i had not received any service of any reasonable level since the renewal of the contract in August 2009.
I had not contact from Vodafone for 10 months until...
December 2010 my sister has a chance encounter with the new tenants living at my old address in Adelaide who provide her with 2 letters - 1 is an account from Vodafone. The other is advice that they have passed the matter on to a Debt Collection Agency. Fed up of the poor service I had received using the Customer Service Line I decided to email Vodafone. This also allowed me to keep a written record of my contact with them. I sent the email on 24/12/2010. I received no response.
On 25/2/2011 I sent another email to Vodafone seeking a response to my email of 24/12/2010.
On 1/3/2011 I received an account from Vodafone for $638 being the outstanding amount for "service" and a cancellation of contract fee chharged to my account in December 2010. Absolutely fed up I called the Customer Service Line and speak to a CSO. He was perfectly polite and listened very patiently as I relayed the whole story to him. He advised I needed to call the PDR department on 2/3/2011 so that they could resolve the issue. I asked if he could update my address details to show my Perth address (the 4th time I had asked Vodafone staff to do so) and he told me he couldn't do that!!
Today I call Vodafone again. The first time I got through the call was disconnected mid-sentence. The second time i got through I spent 1 hour speaking to 4 different people before I finally got to speak to a manager. He advised me that, as I had "failed to advise my new address details" I was liable for the full amount. I told him I had advised my details on numerous occasions but that they continued to send accounts to Adelaide instead of Perth. He then told me that it was my fault for assuming that I didn't have a contract with Vodafone anymore. My argument is, if I never received a handset, was not receiving accounts and had no reception, why wouldn't I assume my contract had been cancelled! He went on to tell me that Vodafone's records are accurate and that he can see no record of me contacting Vodafone to advise them of the issues I was experiencing. I asked if he had any record of the contactmade my Vodafone to me in August 2009 when my contract was renewed...he said he DIDN'T!!! I asked if there was any record to show that I had never received the handset. He advised he would have to look in to that and asked if he could call me back in 5 minutes. I waited 2 hours for him to call me back and when he did he told me he would have to call back again on 3/3 as he had meetings to attend.
I have since lodged a complaint with the TIO.